Kagyu Changchub Chuling’s (KCC) regular meditations are open to all members of the public, and in most cases, the teacher will offer basic instructions before meditation. Visiting KCC is a great way to get a sense of our community, approach, and teaching methods. If you’d like to get a fuller picture of our center and the types of meditation we offer, we offer a newcomer’s night every third Thursday of the month.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, KCC has canceled all in-person meetings, including Newcomer’s Night. We are now hosting Newcomer’s Night on the third Thursday of every month via Zoom, starting at 7:00 pm. All are invited to attend, and no registration is necessary.
In that session, we’ll give you information about:
- The history, lineage, and teachers of KCC;
- The practice and study opportunities offered by KCC;
- Fundamental principles of Buddhism;
- Basic sitting meditation practice, including a short, guided session; and
- How to participate at KCC.
The session is intended for individuals who are either unfamiliar with Buddhist practice or are new to KCC. You need not RSVP. All are welcome and invited to attend.
Upcoming Newcomers Night